Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thing #10 Post:
This slide show could be used to review and reinforce material to students. I would like to see how Smartboards and Interwrite slates can enrich this type of presentation. One strange thing that occurred to me while I was putting this slide show together: Between the time I copied the picture to use and finished the slide show to post, the owner of one of the pictures had taken it off the site. I kept trying to repost, and it said html was messed up. Finally I figured it out and had to find another mushroom :-( . Oh well, we'll see how this one goes.....

Picture of grass by Vagabond Shutterbug
Picture of ladybug by Paulo Henrique Zioli
Picture of alligator by Mondmann
Picture of mushroom by Vagabond Shutterbug






3 comments:

BlueJekyll said...

I love your slideshow. I think you could easily do something like that in a flipchart for Promethean.

That concerns me about the picture. Are you not saving the actual picture into the slideshow but just a link to it on Flikr? I don't like doing that because links go bad so quickly. Guess I need to get caught up on the assignments so I can find out for myself.

Patty Tanamachi said...

BlueJekyll,
I used the Rockyou slide show maker.The picture itself is inbedded, but when you post the reference, I think we were supposed to provide the original link to show credit. That's when the html instructions were declared invalid. I'll need to check with Mary or reread the expectations for copyright. These images were given creative commons with liberal use, so maybe you don't have to provide the link? I'm not sure about that.

Debbie said...

That is the downside of sharing free stuff. Owners have the right to take down their stuff. :-(