Thursday, July 02, 2009

Thing #13 Post:
I have been eagerly awaiting this lesson because there seemed to be many references to it while I attended the technology conference in February. I am very happy to have moved from my junky, repetitive "bookmarks" list on my browser to this organized, useful delicious 2.0 tool. I am fascinated by the sharing capacity and am eager to know that I don't have to have my personal home laptop with me for all of those bookmarks! Along with my RSS feeds, this will be a way to stay on the cutting edge of technology and web2.0, while I work on other computer things. I want more people on my network list because it really divides the workload! My colleagues will be looking at similar things because of our shared needs. My friends outside of work will be looking and tagging things of interest that I share with them. The same with family... really cool. I almost shared a website of a computer programmer who is helping with the coding of iPhone applications. I wouldn't be surprised if we are moving in that direction, where teachers start coding their own applications for student lessons. But for now it looked a little scary :/.

I think we should have an MISD Science delicious account that teachers can share links with. This would invite our science teachers to share sites they think will be helpful to other teachers. We could keep important links like the TEA website, and also links to all the professional organizations, science vendors, etc. on it.

3 comments:

BlueJekyll said...

Yes, yes, yes!!! While writing curriculum last week, I kept saying, "Remember that link I emailed out?" Everyone would then start searching their email archives to find the link to the website we needed. If they had been saved in a science delicious account, we could have saved all that time!

bca said...

I agree! That would be EXTREMELY helpful. I sure wish I would have had access to that as a first year teacher!

Read With TedDee said...

I am doing the Thing for delicious today. After reading your post on how it helped with all your bookmarks I am looking forward to it. Also, you peeked my interests when you mentioned using it for science. The Reading Team is trying to think of ways to link to teachers and stay more connected for communications.
I am also really jealous that you are done!