Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Thing #7a Post:

I found on a June 1 post from Tech& Learning reviewing a technology product called DigiMemo. The reviewer is a professor from Turkey who teaches classes and is responsible for other managerial duties on his campus. The DigiMemo is a tablet that costs under $100. It is made of a flat plastic pad that places a medium size paper notepad at the center. The pen is electronic and can sense the movements of the writers hand motions. Everything you write is saved on the pad memory. This image can be sent electronically by email or flash drive or whatever. There is software available for your computer that will transfer your handwriting into word text, but the author felt like this feature was cumbersome and difficult to make use of.

As an instructor, the author reads student work and writes the correction comments on the notepad. He can tear off the paper pad to give to the student, but he saves a copy on the tablet. If a teacher wanted to keep track of student progress in writing samples, this would be an effective method of accomplishing this.

I think this little notepad which is much easier to carry around than a laptop, would be great to have because I like to doodle. My notes often end up having lots of arrows and dates that are not especially neat. My problem is that I find it difficult to keep up with these notepads with notes from various meetings. I would benefit greatly from the sense of organization this tablet could provide me! I could also share this information without having to retype or scan the page!

No comments: