Friday, July 03, 2009

Thing #16 Post:
The Library Thing is a pleasant surprise. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it does seem reasonable after all, that a link that will find and organize books and resources, would make an educator a very happy camper! I first typed in all of my daughter's novels so that I could leave 5-star reviews! I also plan to add all my favorite books from childhood, all my favorite books from my parenting years, and my favorite books in general. I want to use this as I begin my grandchildren's book collections!(Even if they are using kindles by that time!)

Professionally I am glad to have a list to refer to when I am trying to think of the title of a particular book from which we are basing much of our curriculum design. Teachers are always asking "Where is this research?" when we refer to research-based practices. I plan to have plenty to share with all the information they need to access it. The National Science Foundation sends me regular emails with new books on scientific inquiry or other best practice programs. Rather than store the email to my archives, I can quickly go to my library page and add these to my list! It's going to make me look so awesome!

1 comment:

BlueJekyll said...

Sounds interesting. I've got a visual library on Facebook so my first thought is I'm going to have to repeat that work for this. I'll try to keep an open mind.